- tablet is running fedora + xmonad + basebar
- two hardware barcode readers available
- last finishing touches remaining
Alfa version - https://github.com/hacxman/basebar
Tablet has opensuse on it, xmonad installed with some config which needs more tuning for proper support of on-screen keyboard (eekboard is installed with intent to use). Now it boots directly into basebar application. Webcam should be connected before boot.
- Barcode recognizer to basebar bridge currently doesn't survive webcam reconnect.
- SW needs a non creepy way to show/hide on-screen keyboard - clever QT wizardry needed
- possible to use recently released Qt Virtual Keyboard from QT5
- xmonad.hs support for OSK (ewhm maybe?)
add more here
- tablet + webcam
- scan barcode with ^
- take picture and send to server
- BECAUSE JAVA!11!
- save picture option
- awards & records
- brmbar @ brmlab
- seems to be usable for our purpose
- we'd have write module for scanning barcodes using camera
- and either make the qt4 ui run on the tablet or write a web app to do this